Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016. I’ve read several new-to-me authors in 2016 so hopefully, this will be quite easy. Knowing myself, though, I know I will struggle halfway to come up with names 😛
These will be in the order I read them, not rated by whom I like the most.
- Meghan Whalen Turner. Her series The Queen’s Thief has quickly become one of my favourite fantasy series and I intend to finish it during 2017. Her writing is great and her characters are so realistic that it feels like you’ve made a bunch of new friends.
- Sally Green. The Half Bad trilogy absolutely killed it. I loved that she didn’t hold back, it was gritty and bloody and so, so very good.
- Renee Ahdieh. The Wrath and the Dawn were so beautiful and is one of my favourite reads of the year. Therefore, Ahdieh has earned her spot on this list.
- C.S. Pacat. The Captive Prince trilogy was stunning and although some of the themes had me cringing, the characters and the story captivated me so much. Really wish to see more of Pacat in the future.
- Nora Sakavic. The Foxhole Court trilogy is definitely one of my favourite trilogies. The characters are little shits but they are my little shits.
- Melina Marchetta. The Lumatere Chronicles was another trilogy that I devoured this year and fell heels over head in love with. Marchetta’s writing is captivating and the books were stunning.
- Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy. Yes, I’m putting these two together. The books Him and Us were stunning and I absolutely loved them. These two together are obviously a hit and I hope to see more collaborations from them in the future.
- Robin LaFevers. The His Fair Assasins series is yet another series that have me absolutely captured and I aim to finish it (as far as the most recently published book) during 2017.
- Pierce Brown. I read Red Rising this summer and it absolutely stunned me. I haven’t gotten around to reading the other books (yet) but trust me, this does not reflect on Brown’s writing. I absolutely loved it and Red Rising is one of my top reads this year.
- Elle Frank. This autumn I’ve devoured four of her books and absolutely loved them. If you enjoy m/m romance and haven’t read her books then go and do so immediately!
Ok, I admit it, this list was extremely easy to write.
Honorary mentions (in nor particular order):
- Carole Matthews
- Trudi Canavan
- Mary E.Pearson
- H. Paul Honsinger
- Kathleen Peacock
- Gabrielle Lepore