Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and Bookish.
Holy book gods, it has been ages since I’ve done one of these. Time to get properly back into blogging and doing TTT posts is definitely one way of doing it! This week’s topic is books on my fall TBR list, and believe me, it was difficult choosing just 10. So I went with the my 10 most recent buys. Here goes:
- The Mist of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I’ve wanted to read this book for such a long time, actually since I saw the film for the first time which was some time back in 2000 (can’t be arsed googling when it came out). I’ve had it on my kindle since the summer but just haven’t gotten round to reading it yet. But soon!
- Short Stories from Hogwarts by J.K. Rowling. I bought the whole pack for Kindle and will get round reading them shortly. Got to love anything Harry Potter related!
- The Apprentice Witch by James Nicol. Found this on Kindle and just fell in love with the blurb as well as the cover.
- Me Being Me is exactely as insane as You being You by Todd Hasak-Lowy. Stumbled over this when I was at our local bookstore on Sunday and was intrigued by it. It is entirely written in lists which just seemed so original and intersting to me that I bought it just because of that.
- A Whole New World: A Twisted Tale by Liz Bramwell. Read an excerpt of this book ages ago and wanted to read more but never got round to actually acquiring the book. Have finally ordered it and am only waiting for it to arrive.
- The Cake Shop in the Garden by Carole Matthews. This also followed me home from our local bookstore the other day. Wanted something a little bit “lighter” to read, and chick-lit usually does the trick. Seemed like a nice story and that cover is just gorgeous (and mouthwatering!)
- Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge. Read Cruel Beauty earlier this year and absolutely adored it. Have finally bought this book and will read it shortly!
- Thief’s Magic by Trudi Canavan. The third of four books that followed me home from already mentioned bookstore. The fourth is the sequel to this one, so I hope this one turns out good. Have been interesting in Canavan’s books before but just never gotten round to reading them. I have The Ambassador’s Mission as well just waiting for me.
- To all the boys Ive loved before by Jenny Han. Have seen this on so many blogs during the year that have absolutely loved it and been sort of interested in it. Was quite cheap on Book Depository so went ahead and bought it and its sequel.
- Miss Peregrins home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. Have looked at this so many times but always skipped buying it because it seemed like it might not be entirely my thing. But since they’ve now made a movie I did feel compelled to buy it and read it.
So that’s it. This is of course just the tip of the iceberg and I have plenty more books on my tbr, but I will try to read these during this fall.