Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and Bookish.
This week’s topic is all about ten books that will make you laugh or at least chuckle (or perhaps both). The books I immediately think of when thinking “funny” are Terry Pratchett’s books. But I will try to include some other books as well 😛
- Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett. The witches are my favourites in the TP books and this one is just the most hilarious.
- The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. This series is overall great and although most of it is quite dark it has (thanks to Sookie) some passages in each book that will have you chuckling.
- Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett. Football (soccer that is) in the Discworld? A surefire recipe for laughter.
- Personally I Blame My Fairy Godmother by Claudia Carroll. Both serious and fun, this will have your heart aching for the characters one minute and then giggle the next.
- Us by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy. There is a chapter in this where one of the main characters have fever delusions and start talking about rottweilers and chihuahuas (bloody hell that was hard to spell), that had me laughing so hard I actually shed tears.
- Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett. Like I said, I love the witches of the Discworld and this just made me love them more.
- Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett. These vampires had me chortling like crazy.
- Gin O’Clock by The Queen of Twitter. This parody diary of the English queen is just too much fun.
- Is it just me? by Miranda Hart. I love Miranda’s tv series and had to read this book when I found out about it. It didn’t disappoint and I did laugh out loud several times.
- Small Gods by Terry Pratchett. There is one line in this book,”You Don’t Have To Be Pitilessly Sadistic To Work Here But It Helps!” that had me laughing like crazy when I first read it.
That is my top ten for this week. Do you have any books that make you laugh or chuckle when you read them?