Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish
This week’s topic is top ten quotes I loved from books I’ve read this year. They are added in no particular order. I love them all pretty much equally, that’s why they are on this list.
- “There are moments when you can’t believe something wonderful is happening. And there are moments when your entire consciousness is filled with knowing absolutely that something wonderful is happening.” Attachments by Rainbow Rowell.
- “Words can lie. See beyond them.” Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
- “Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn’t supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.” Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.
- “I’d rather die on an adventure than live standing still.” A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab.
- “I threw myself into that fire, threw myself into it, into him, and let myself burn.” A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.
- “You can’t go around building a better world for people. Only people can build a better world for people. Otherwise it’s just a cage. Besides you don’t build a better world by choppin’ heads off and giving decent girls away to frogs.” Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett.
- “He’s a book full of footnotes brought to life. He’s a jacket made of elbow patches.” Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- “Don’t feel bad for one moment about doing what brings you joy.” A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.
- “I’d know you in the dark,” he said. “From a thousand miles away. There’s nothing you could become that I haven’t already fallen in love with.” Attachments by Rainbow Rowell.
- “We were gasoline rushing for a lit match. We bared our teeth. Balled fists.” The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
So that’s my top ten quotes of this year!