Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and Bookish
This week’s Top Ten is a Halloween themed freebie — your choice (ie. 10 best ghost stories, 10 things that scare you in books, 10 literary Halloween costumes, 10 vampire novels, 10 books that WILL scare you, 10 non-scary books for Halloween, 10 scariest covers, etc.) I’m gonna go with 10 great books or series with vampires in them.
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. Baz and Simon’s story is just fantastic and although Baz is a nice vampire he is still a vampire.
- The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward. Such an amazing series and the vampires are super badass. No sparkles in sight.
- The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I love these books so much!
- Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill. Bloody (he he he) fantastic series that everyone should read.
- Dracula by Bram Stoker. You cannot have a list of vampires without adding Dracula to it.
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. I loved this book so much and it is a story that still sticks with me.
- Becoming Darkness by Lindsey Brambles. I cannot recommend this book enough. Go read it now!
- Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett. I kept sniggering all the way through this book. So much fun!
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.
- I guess you can’t have a list of vampires without adding the Twilight series. I do so reluctantly, because despite loving them as a teen, I now in adulthood realise that they are actually quite… crap. Ah well.
I realised making this list that I actually haven’t read as many books as I thought with vampires in them. I was obsessed with vamps in my teen years, but apparently I haven’t read as many books as I thought. Sure, the series I’ve read are quite long, but still. You learn new things about yourself every single day I guess.