Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish
This week’s meme is ten characters you just didn’t click with. This was yet another really difficult meme, because of course there have been characters that you haven’t liked as much as others but none come immediately to mind. But I will try to make a list of some characters that I could have done without or if they had been a little different.
- John Hayden from Meg Cabot’s Abandon trilogy. I never really liked him, he was just too controlling.
- Romeo and Juliet from Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare. Horny and dramatic teenagers. What is there to like? I still don’t understand how this is perceived as one of the greatest love stories of all time.
- Claire from Lee French’s Girls Can’t be Knights. She was just whiney and instead of making me feel compassionate I wanted to smack her.
- Bella from Twilight by Stephanie Meyers. Please girl, just stand up for yourself.
- Edward from Twilight. Can you be creepier?
- Mal from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. It was something about him that I just didn’t like.
- Katniss from The Hunger Games Trilogy. Ok, I loved these books and I don’t hate Katniss but at times she just annoyed the crap out of me.
- Snape from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I don’t know why he has been forgiven by the fandom. He is a douche and a bully and just because he “loved” Lily, he should not be forgiven.
Do you know what? That will have to do. Ah well, I got 8 at least 😛