Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish
First of all, I have never been big on fairy tales. Not that I think they are bad, I just didn’t have such huge fascination with them or interest like other children have/had. I loved the Disney movies that are based on fairy tales but never liked reading them or having them read for me. Horses are where it was at for me. Horses and Harry Potter. But I still enjoy fairytales and do know most of them. So here goes:
- Aladdin. I adored this movie and still do. The story is really lovely and I love the fact that Jasmin is such a badass.
- Beauty and the Beast. Once again it’s the movie. I still love it and think I know all the songs by heart.
- Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. It is a sort of Beauty and the Beast retelling and it is absolutely fab.
- Cinderella. It is a classic for a reason. The mice in the Disney film steal the show. Nuff said.
- The Little Mermaid. I of course prefer the Disney version since the original is kind of gruesome (like most old fairy tales that is), but I still have to say that the original ending definitely is beautiful in it’s own way.
- The Emperor’s New Clothes. A whole town trolling a bad ruler. Priceless.
- The Snow Queen. I saw the Hallmark movie. I was so fascinated and invested in this story thanks to that movie. It might deserve a rewatch (although I have a feeling it is horrible). The story is kind of cool, and to be honest, Frozen (although fantastic) does not make it justice.
- The Sorcerer’s Apprentice. I saw the one with Mickey Mouse. Think I also had some book depicting the film. Hilarious.
- Thumbelina. It is adorable and I love it.
- Snow White. The dwarves were always my favorites as a kid. And I do think I had a crush on the prince. I do know I was terrified of the evil queen.
So, doing this list made me realise that I should try and get my hands on fairy tale collections by both Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen. Although, I do think seeing the movies counts 😛