Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Brokeandbookish
I remembered! Yay me! The original meme this week is actually only “books I’ll never read”, but I’ve seen several people adding the “finish” bit and I figured that was a great idea. Here goes!
- 50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I’ve said a thousand times that I should read it only to have a proper leg to stand on when it comes to discussing why the books are so bad. But since I’m so against this book, I probably never will.
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. I have this on my shelf and have tried to read it but by golly, it is boring as hell.
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I love the musical and the film, but HAVE YOU SEEN THE BOOK?! It is a proper brick and it gives me heart palpitations just looking at it.
- The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith. I never liked the series and the books don’t seem that great. So no.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I don’t understand the hype when it comes to JG and this is one of those books that people seem to love and the concept just puts me off. Not my type of thing.
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. I started this book, made it to chapter 3 and then wanted to throw it out the window. I had borrowed it from a friend so it wasn’t possible, but I did it several times in my head.
- Loves’ Conqueror by Renee Hand. I read one and a half chapter of this book and then wanted to throw it out the window. This time it was on my kindle and I’m not gonna destroy my iPad because of a horribly bad book.
- Anything by a Nobel prize winner in literature. Because it is not my thing, and usually the books are just so far out of my genre type that it’s not even funny.
- Moby Dick by Herman Neville. Why is this even a classic? Why?!
- At this rate, I will never read the Game of Thrones books. I have started book number 1 three times and have never made it past chapter three. I do own all the books though so I kinda feel like I need to read them.
So that’s it. There are probably more, but this are the ones that came to mind. I did have to look at other bloggers posts though to first come up with books, which made me have several “aha-moments”.
Which books do you think that you’ll never read/finish?