I got this from over here. Seemed like fun, and since my overall reading is apparently on pause for the moment I needed something else than reviews to post.
1. An overhyped classic you really didn’t like:
Great Gatsby. I’ve never understood why people love this book. The characters are spoilt little brats and there are so many things wrong with it. It honestly makes me angry to read.
2. Favorite time period to read about:
I don’t really have a favourite. As long as the book is good then the time period really don’t matter.
3. Favorite fairy-tale:
Beauty and the Beast. Loved this as a kid. Have never read it though, only seen the Disney film. As far as I can recall, I haven’t read any of the fairy-tales.
4. What is the most embarrassed classic you haven’t read yet:
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank (more commonly known as Anne Frank’s Diary). It’s one of those things I’m embarrassed I haven’t read yet.
5. Top 5 classics you would like to read (soon):
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
6. Favourite modern book/series based on a classic:
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It is based on Dracula and it is one of my favourite books.
7. Favourite movie version/tv-series based on a classic:
Lost in Austen. It’s based on Jane Austen and Pride and Prejudice. It’s amazing.
8. Worst classic to movie adaptation:
The Three Musketeers from 2011. It’s horrible. Just because you have loads of great actors it doesn’t mean that the film itself will be good.
9. Favorite edition(s) you’d like to collect more classics from:
I don’t collect classics and don’t really care if the books are from the same published/the same edition.
10. An underhyped classic you’d recommend to everyone:
It’s really not underhyped, but I would say that everyone should read The Three Musketeers not just see the films.