Can’t believe it’s already Tuesday again! Time just flies by at the moment. This week it’s top ten books from our childhood/teen years we’d like to revisit. To be honest, I could fill up most of this list with the Harry Potter books but I will restrain myself, I promise.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling. Yeah, I said I would restrain myself, not exclude them from the list 😛
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien. I loved this book and read the whole trilogy in less than a week.
- Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings. It’s the first book in the Belgariad series and this along with the rest of the books is just pure brilliance.
- Guardian of the West by David Eddings. This is the first book in the sequel series to the Belgariad, and this whole series is also pure brilliance.
- Polgara the Sorceress by David Eddings. I had a period in my life when I devoured Eddings books. Loved them.
- The Black Stallion by Walter Farley. Horses were one of my biggest passion as a child/teen so I’ve read many horse books in my life.
- Small Gods by Terry Pratchett. This was the first book of Pratchett’s that I read and it made me fall helplessly in love with the Discworld.
- Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren. I loved everything about Pippi and wanted to be her. Still have all the books.
- The Brother’s Lionheart by Astrid Lindgren. I still cry every time I read the book or see the film. Adore this book so much.
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I remember loving this book mostly because of the symbols and hidden codes.
So that’s my top ten. Weird combinations in there, but those are the books that I wouldn’t mind reading over and over again or be able to scrub from my mind so I can read them without any expectations.